2021 COVID CUP TOURNAMENT INFORMATION SHEET
- Dates – Thursday, Friday, Saturday – March 18th, 19th and 20th
- Tee Times Begin:
Thursday 7:45 AM
- Tee Times are subject to change
- Course – Thursday- Championship Course
Friday – Challenge Course
Saturday – Championship Course
- Eligibility – All PVCC Men’s Club Members with National and Platinum Memberships
- How to Enter – On-line at palmvalley-cc.com.
- Entry Fee – $100 CASH. Payable at The Pro Shop no later than March 5th, 2021
100% will be paid out! 50% in CASH – 50% in Pro Shop Credit.
- Entry Dates – On Fore Tees – February 1st thru February 28th.
- Limited to first 80 players.
- Tees –
- Thursday – Championship Course
- White Tees with GHIN of 14.0 and below as of 3/1/2021
- Silver Tees with GHIN of 14.1 and above as of 3/1/2021
- Friday – Challenge Course – White Tees
- Saturday – Championship Course – New MASTERS Tees
- Flights – You sign up as an individual. There will be no need for flights. This is a Team Event and every Team will be determined by the Pro Shop. Every Team will have an equal mix of Low, Medium, and High handicap golfers. GHINS for the Team Seedings will be as of 3/1/2021.
- Format – Team event with 5 segments.
- The winning teams will have the lowest cumulative Team Scores at the end of the 5 segments.
- Thursday is 9 holes of Two Man Best Ball and 9 holes of Two Man Modified Pinehurst (Chapman), on the Championship Course.
- Friday is 9 holes of two man Scramble and 9 holes of two man Aggregate Score from the White Tees on the Challenge Course.
- Because of the equal seeding of the Teams, there will be no need for Handicaps for these first four segments. All scores will be Gross.
- Saturday is 18 holes of Singles from the new Master’s Tees on the championship Course. THE SCORE FOR THIS SEGMENT WILL BE NET OF HANDICAP. These scores will be added to the first four segments scores.
- Payouts: Assuming 80 Players and four 20 Man Teams, there will be $8,000 in the pot. The Winning Team will receive $5,000 or $250/player. The 2nd Place Team will receive $3000 or $150/player. The 3rd and 4th place teams will be also rans.
- All payouts will take the form of 50% CASH and 50% Pro Shop Credit
- Food & Beverage: If COVID restrictions allow, we will plan an outdoor early dinner, after play on Saturday, similar to the luncheon we had after last November’s Opening Day Tournament. We will advise you ASAP. This will be an additional charge to your individual PVCC account should it occur.
- Additional Information: Please see the 2021 Covid Cup Rules and Explanations below
2021 COVID CUP RULES AND EXPLANATIONS
- COVID differences on the golf course.
- With the cup liners currently in use the ball must stay within the cup liner to be considered holed. If a ball goes into the cup and pops out, the ball is not considered holed out.
- With no rakes in sand bunkers you may take relief under the following conditions
- Before taking relief a player should ask an opponent playing partner for permission to move the ball
- The ball must be in a disturbed area of the bunker, i.e., a foot print or sand divot, or an un-raked, unmaintained sprinkler run-off
- Relief may be taken at the nearest point of relief, no closer to the hole.
- If there is no point of relief, in the bunker, no closer to the hole, you may lift your ball, smooth the disturbed area with your foot and replace the ball as close to the original position as possible
- All balls in a bunker in a non-disturbed area of the bunker should be played as it lies.
- Thursday 9 hole Two Man Best Ball – Championship Course
- Each two man team will post one gross Best Ball Score
- Thursday 9 hole Two Man “Chapman” – Championship Course
- Each Player will hit a tee shot. For the 2nd shot, Player A then hits Player B’s ball and Player B hits Player A’s ball. For the 3rd shot it is decided which ball is best and the Player who did not hit it plays the 3rd shot and it is alternate shot until hole out.
- Each two-man team will post one gross score
- Friday 9 hole Two Man Scramble – Challenge Course
- Normal Scramble Rules apply
- 3 tee shot minimum per Player per Two Man Team
- Each two man team will post one gross score
- Friday 9 hole Two Man Aggregate Score
- Each two man team will take both their gross scores and add them together for their score on that hole. I.E., if Player A scores a 3 on a hole and Player B scores a 4, their score for that hole is a 7.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO GARY LENNON