Cohen & Feinberg & Lennon & Kliewer
– Championship Course – July 18th – July 31st
– Challenge Course – August 1st – August 14th
– Championship Course September 26th – October 8th
– Challenge Course – October 22nd – November 23rd
– Driving Range – September 26th – October 22nd
News to share: 2022-2023 Tournament Calendar is now posted.
Path – Tournaments – Calendar – scroll by month to view!
Note – Existing Tournament Information Sheets are not correct. The new TIS’s are under construction and will be posted soon!
PV Summer Hours & Closures:
Bogies Grill – Daily – 6:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Lounge – Friday – Tuesday – 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Closed Wednesday & Thursday)
Sunset Grill Dinner – Sundays & Tuesdays – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Dining Room – Pasta or Prime Rib Nights – 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Golf Shop – Daily – 6:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Health & Wellness – Monday – Saturday – 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM; Sunday – 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
End of Season Message
from Michael Swartz
As I prepare to end my term as President, I want to look back to what has happened over the last 2 years – and look forward to what is coming next year.
The pandemic did not define the last 2 years – but it certainly had a huge impact. As the 2020-21 season began, we hoped we would be able to play all of our events – and we did play golf – but we had to alter the Food & Beverage service to avoid gatherings. Membership dropped to 250 – mostly because of a large reduction in the number of Canadian members. The Annual Meeting and Luncheon became a video that was posted on the website. The 45 was suspended, but it was replaced by the COVID Cup – which turned out to be a smash hit – and continues today with some minor changes.
As we approached the 2021-22 season, we had every hope that all our events would go off as planned – and they did. I’d like to thank the members of the Men’s Club Board, each of whom makes a significant contribution to the smooth, efficient operation of this organization:
Jim Ivy – Vice President, Tournaments
Neil Machlis – Treasurer, 45 Chair
Sheldon Smith – Secretary, Tournaments
Mike Walker – Tournament Chair
Gary Doyen – Communications Chair
Adam Schaller – Membership Chair
Kevin Kellerman – Liaison to Team, Membership
Chris Tallen – Food & Beverage Chair, Tournaments
Larry Maw – Handicap Chair
In addition to the Board members, many of the committees rely heavily on Member volunteers. When you run into them, please take a minute to say thanks for their service.
● Membership: Tricia Schaller, Eddie Munoz
● Tournaments: Pat Shannon, Bob Payne, Fred Bowser, Dennis Rizza
● Handicap: Chuck Bija, Bud Slobodian, Jack Boysen,Dick Sulzbach.
● Communications: Don Feinberg, Justin James
Now I’d like to take a minute to highlight some of the upcoming changes that we already know will be happening next year:
● The current Board Members – with Jim Ivy at the helm as the new President – will lead the Men’s Club for the 2022-23 season. I will continue for a year in an ex-officio role.
● The tentative schedule for next year has 15 events – up from 14 the past few years. The schedule will be published on the website as soon as it has been finalized.
● In addition, at long last, the Men’s Club will see the inauguration of Monday Madness – a weekly members-only event that will take place every Monday morning throughout the season. Special thanks to Sheldon Smith, Gary Doyen and Kevin Kellerman for energizing the process – and working with Malia and Bryan to bring it off. We’re still doing some fine-tuning, so watch the website for more definitive information.
● Effective with the 2022 Big Bash, any Men’s Club member who gets a Hole-in-One during a Men’ Club event will receive a $500 cash award. The old $100 payment for non-event Holes-in-Ones will continue unchanged.
● We are making a number of changes to the Club Championship – including the minimum requirements to compete. This is a work-in-process, so watch for additional developments.
Remember that the best way to stay abreast of what is happening in YOUR Men’s Club is via this website. Gary Doyen and his group have done a terrific job in making the website a veritable treasure trove of information, all the while keeping it light and informative.
And, if you have questions, suggestions, thoughts or complaints, don’t hesitate to contact any of the Board members. They’re listed on the website and take every mail or phone call very seriously.
Thanks for all your support the last two years. Have a great Summer.
Hi fellow golfers,
I’m Chuck Huffstutter, Chairman of your greens and grounds committee here at Palm Valley Country Club. I would like to ask a favor of all our members and that is to watch the attached video “Golf Mark Repair”. My committee has been working hard to keep our greens looking good and rolling good. But we need help! There is a proper way to repair a ball mark on the green and if correctly done the ball mark is gone and the grass rejuvenates. If not done properly we get a brown spot in the green that requires reseeding. Please check out the attached video and help us keep the greens green and rolling true.